Taking your oral health into your own hands starts by scheduling an appointment with our dentist in Wrigleyville. Our team of qualified dental professionals wants to help ensure your smile is in its best possible shape. Comprehensive dental exams consist of an extensive oral health evaluation that focuses on all extraoral, intraoral and soft tissues.
What is Included?
Understanding what occurs during a comprehensive oral exam can help you feel comfortable before and during the procedure. We take pride in ensuring all of our patients are comfortable throughout the entire process.
It consists of the following:
- Dental evaluation: We will discuss your medical history, your background and your diet
- Dental health assessment: This is composed of assessing your overall oral hygiene habits and discussing any developing risks such as tooth decay, gum disease, etc.
- Check for cavities
- Evaluate your bite and your jaw
- Help educate you on the importance of oral hygiene and the proper cleaning techniques that accompany it
- Check on all restorations that are present, including any removable prostheses
- Dental x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Review of medications
- A discussion during which you can express your concerns and ask questions. This is one of the most important parts of the comprehensive exam, as our dentist in Wrigleyville is able to make recommendations and suggestions that you can practice at home for optimal oral health
Why Are These Exams Important?
There are many diseases and conditions that may stem from poor oral health habits. These conditions are linked to diabetes, systemic disorders, high blood pressure, gum and bone disease, oral cancer, poor cardiovascular health, and sinus problems. Our comprehensive oral exams are a way to reduce your chances of poor oral health habits negatively impacting the rest of your body.
At Northalsted Dental Spa, our dentist in Wrigleyville wants to give you all of the tools and information you need to keep your smile in good shape. If you want to learn more about our comprehensive dental exam or any of our other services, please call us today to schedule an appointment.