Are you interested in a discrete way to straighten your teeth? Our dentist near Wrigleyville often recommends Invisalign as an alternative to braces; through a series of clear trays that you wear at all times besides eating, you can achieve the picture-perfect smile of which you’ve only dreamed. However, it is important that you fully understand how to take care of your Invisalign trays so that they stay clear and odor-free. Here are some dos and don’ts of taking care of your Invisalign trays.
– Always rinse aligners when you take them out to wash off bacteria
– Gently brush retainers; brushing too hard can leave etchings
– Brush and floss before putting your retainers back in
– Soak aligners using Invisalign cleaning crystals or denture cleaner
– Clean trays with clear antibacterial soap to avoid staining your trays
– Leave your Invisalign trays exposed on the table while you are eating. Our dentist near Wrigleyville knows that this can cause harmful bacteria to get onto your trays that you will put back into your mouth after eating. Instead, wrap them in a paper towel.
– Use toothpaste. This can dull your trays and create pockets for bacteria to congregate
– Drink or eat anything (besides water) when you are wearing your trays. This can cause stains and foul smells to develop.
Taking proper care of your trays can make all the difference in your Invisalign experience. Contact our dentist near Wrigleyville if you have questions about Invisalign or if you’re interested in how it can help your smile.